Here we provide updates on how our approach to diversity and inclusivity continues to evolve, and link to where our universities provide resources and projects for engaging with actions on diversity, learning about anti-racism and getting involved.
AUC’s Framework and Action Plan for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
In September 2020, AUC shared its Framework and Action Plan for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. This Framework and Action Plan outlines the importance of diversity at AUC and the targeted measures that are being taken to make AUC an inclusive community. It is the result of work conducted following the 11 June commitments made by AUC’s Management. On that day, AUC’s Management acknowledged the prevalence of institutional racism in our society and committed to a new approach.
The Framework and Action Plan combine to provide a living document, an invitation to the community to remain involved, and will evolve and adapt over time in response to continuing conversations and reflections. At the same time, the plan also serves as a tool for increased transparency and accountability for the commitments made by introducing concrete milestones, actions and a regular reporting mechanism.
Reporting instances of harassment, discrimination and sexual misconduct
Amsterdam University College believes that everyone has the right to live, study and work in a safe and supportive environment, free from abuse, harassment and/or assault. We are committed to creating and nurturing an inclusive, supportive and safe environment for all, and to working to better support and educate the entire AUC community.
Our aim is to:
- enable frank, open and honest discussion
- provide clear signposting, training and support for all
- create a clear, robust system for disclosure, reporting and seeking support
- build relationships based on trust and respect
- foster a culture where there is zero tolerance for sexual harassment, violence or hate crime against anyone
- take every disclosure seriously
- establish and follow fair and transparent processes
- reflect and review, to promote positive change
AUC encourages everyone in the AUC community who has experienced or witnessed an incident of harassment, discrimination, or sexual misconduct at AUC to submit a report or complaint through the Complaint/Reporting Form for Harassment, Discrimination and Sexual Misconduct. The link to the form can be found on student.auc.nl. It is possible to make a report anonymously.
- Support services and links to useful resources
- Partnerships and networks