The Board of Studies holds approval rights over the Academic Standards and Procedures (AS&P) and is responsible for performing an annual evaluation of the way in which the AS&P (‘onderwijs- en examenregeling’) have been implemented in addition to advising on any changes. Besides the AS&P, the Board of Studies is also involved in the decision-making processes for a variety of other educational matters such as tutoring, changes to the curriculum, CPI and Capstones.
The Board of Studies has eight members: four of whom are academic staff teaching at AUC and four of whom are current AUC students. The AUC Student Council is responsible for nominating the four student members and for ensuring that all three majors are represented, including at least one second-year and one third-year student. Academic staff in the four areas (Humanities, Sciences, Social Sciences, Academic Core) nominate the four staff members (one from each area).
Board of Studies 2021-2022
The members of the Board of Studies for 2021-2022 are:
- Dini Vermaat (Student, Social Sciences)
- Ina Kronevska (Student, Sciences)
- Per Movig (Student, Humanities, Vice-Chair)
- Theresa Hobe (Student, Social Sciences)
- Daan van Schalkwijk (Lecturer, Sciences)
- Melanie Eijberts (Lecturer, Academic Core)
- Shannon McBriar (Lecturer, Humanities)
- Thijs Etty (Lecturer, Social Sciences, Chair)
Rowena van Asselt is the Secretary to the Board of Studies.