AUC's academic programme
AUC offers a Bachelor (Honours) degree programme in the liberal arts and sciences, taught in English, and open to both Dutch and international students.
The liberal arts and sciences approach of AUC means:
- Opportunities to follow courses on a wide variety of subjects
- Small international classes with personal attention and interaction with lecturers
- Substantial freedom in designing your own study programme
- Support and advice from a personal tutor on planning your study programme
- A focus on far-reaching themes and real-world problems in science and society
- Learning about the relationships between fields of knowledge, as well as building specialist knowledge in the subjects that interest you most
- Advancing your personal and social development in addition to your intellectual skills
The AUC liberal arts and sciences programme is therefore rather different from traditional, single subject, university programmes. In addition to providing depth of knowledge, the AUC programme places particular emphasis on:
Your tutor will advise you, and help you to ensure that your programme matches your future ambitions and will meet the requirements for graduation. Within these guidelines, you will have the freedom to select the courses you want to follow on the subjects that interest you most.