Transfer of credit
If you have already completed or will complete (the equivalent of) one year at university, you can apply for a transfer of credit of up to 60 European credit points (ecp). Please complete and send to AUC Admissions the transfer of credit request form and all required accompanying documentation (see link below).
Transfer of credit conditions
A request for transfer of credit can only be considered in combination with a complete application for AUC. The university programme must be recognised as and/or meet the criteria of a first year of study at a Dutch university. The year must comprise a broad programme of courses carrying at least 60 ecp.
Also note that not all courses completed at university can automatically be considered for transfer of credit. Depending on your educational background, a certain amount of university-level studies may be required for you to be admitted to a Dutch research university in the first place. University-level studies that are necessary for your admittance cannot be considered for transfer of credit. If you are not sure, please contact AUC Admissions (see link below). Please remember that evaluating diplomas and credits from international universities can take time.
Credit transfer options
Please note that students can only receive:
- A 60 ecp transfer of credit (full year), meaning the student only studies at AUC for 4 semesters (2 years) to meet the full 180 credits, or
- A 30 ecp transfer of credit (one semester), meaning the student only studies at AUC for 5 semesters (2 ½ years) to meet the full 180 credits or
- Course waivers per relevant course. A course waiver does not substitute credits. E.g. if a student receives a course waiver for BRMS I, s/he still needs to acquire 180 credits, but does not have to take BRMS I and can use this ‘space’ as s/he sees fit. That particular requirement has already been met.
If you have any questions, please contact AUC Admissions using the link below.
In order to submit a transfer of credit request, you need to send to AUC Admissions:
- completed transfer of credit request form
- recent transcripts or official grade lists for all completed courses
- complete course outlines or descriptions for all courses
For more details, please see the transfer of credit request form.
Your transfer of credit request can only be considered after you have been formally accepted at AUC. The transfer offer will not be final until your official transcript or diploma has been received by AUC, documenting all the courses required and their grades. AUC may require that you achieve a minimum GPA or average grade before allowing the transfer.