International Advisory Board
The International Advisory Board (IAB) advises the Dean and Management of AUC regarding the pursuit of its mission "Excellence and Diversity in a Global City". It meets at least once a year in Amsterdam.
The composition of the AUC International Advisory Board is as follows:
- Mr. Berry Marttin, Executive Board member, Rabobank Nederland (chair). Mr. Marttin is the Executive Board member responsible for the International Rural and Retail division of Rabobank International. He joined Rabobank as an international management trainee in 1990, after completing a degree in business administration in Brazil. His career at Rabobank International has given him extensive experience as an international banker, in both the wholesale and retail banking business.
- Prof. Helga Nowotny, President of the European Research Council, Brussel. She is Professor emerita of Social Studies of Science, ETH Zurich (Swiss Federal Institute of Technology) and holds a Ph.D. in Sociology from Columbia University, NY and a doctorate in jurisprudence from the University of Vienna.
- Dr. John Douglas, Centre for Studies in Higher Eduction, University of California at Berkeley, US. Mr. Douglass is a Senior Research Fellow whose current research interests are focused on the student experience in research universities, the role of universities in economic development, science policy as a component of national and multinational economic policy, the evolving role of mass higher education in society, and the influence of globalization.
- Dr. Marja Zonnevylle is the Manager Gas Processing Design for the Shell Technology Centre Amsterdam. She currently holds several non-executive positions, including member of Amsterdam Economic Board, for which she leads the project to develop scenarios for the Amsterdam Metropolitan region through 2025. She completed her MS and cum laude PhD in theoretical and physical chemistry from Cornell University (New York State) under the auspices of Nobel Laureate Prof. Dr. Roald Hoffmann.
- Prof. William Kirby, professor of Chinese studies and former Dean of the Faculty of Arts and Sciences at Harvard University, US. Professor Kirby holds degrees from Dartmouth College, Harvard University, and (Dr. Phil. Honoris Causa) the Free University of Berlin. He is a Fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences.
Mr. Jindra Divis, General Director of SLO (Stichting Leerplanontwikkeling Nederland) which serves as the national institute for curriculum development in the Netherlands. Before joining SLO, Divis served as General Director of the European Platform, supporting internationalisation in primary and secondary education and in teacher training. He is a Chair of the Board of Trustees of Education Foundation of Independent Gymnasia and a Member of the Board of Nether, Netherlands House on Education and Research in Brussels. Formerly he was the Director for International Recognition and Certification at Nuffic. He was born in the Czech Republic and educated in history and languages at Leiden University.