Board of Studies
The role of the Board of Studies (‘Opleidingscommissie’) is to help safeguard the quality of the degree programme, by giving advice to the AUC governance and management team on its quality and the education being offered. In particular it performs an annual evaluation of the way in which the Academic Standards and Procedures (ASP) have been implemented, and advises on any changes.
The Board of Studies has eight members: half of them are academic staff that teach at AUC and half are AUC students. The AUC Student Council is responsible for nominating the four student members, and for ensuring that all three majors are represented and at least one second-year and one third-year student is included. The academic staff in the four areas (humanities, sciences, social sciences, academic core) nominate the four staff members, one from each area.
Members of the Board of Studies
- Dr. Thijs Etty (AUC faculty, Social Sciences)
- Dr. Forrest Bradbury (AUC faculty, Sciences)
- Dr. Allard den Dulk (AUC faculty, Humanities)
- Dr. Wade Geary (AUC faculty, Academic Core)
- Sofija Stefanovic (AUC student)
- Sarah Stapel (AUC student)
- Ellen Ackroyd (AUC student)
- Fatiya Munkaila (AUC student)