For best experience please turn on javascript and use a modern browser!

Other financial support

Learn more about how to fund your studies

AUC Scholarship Fund

The AUC Scholarship Fund (ASF) supports excellence and diversity in the AUC student body by facilitating access to the AUC programme for talented low-income and/or minority students.

AUC Solidarity Fund

The AUC Solidarity Fund is a community-based fund that gives interest-free loans to current AUC students in cases of financial emergency. The AUC student community is tight-knit and ambitious but for some, unexpected financial difficulties can get in the way of academic and social participation. These difficulties can arise without warning, such as a death in the family. They can happen to anyone, but differences in socio-economic backgrounds can impact the buffer students may have to cope with these situations.

Financial aid information from UvA 

For those looking to study in the Netherlands, the University of Amsterdam's website also has listings of available financial aid, scholarships and grants. You can find more information on which financial aid packages may apply to your situation via the link below. 

  • Study funding via the Dutch government

    Dutch students and students from EU/EEA/S* countries can apply for a ‘loan tuition fees' or collegegeldkrediet. This is a loan to cover your tuition fees, and you pay it back after you finish your studies. For more details please check the website of DUO - IB-Groep (see links below), which is the Dutch governmental organisation responsible for the payment of study grants to students.

    Study funding: international students

    If you would qualify for a student grant or loan in your home country, do check with your national authorities if you can use this funding for study in the Netherlands. Student grants and loans are becoming increasingly 'portable', especially within Europe, and you may be able to 'bring' this funding with you to the Netherlands.

    Study funding: Dutch students

    Dutch students can apply for study funding from the Dutch government (studiefinancering), through DUO - IB-Groep. If you do not have Dutch nationality, but you live in the Netherlands, you may be eligible for a student grant in some cases: check the DUO website for details (see link below).

    Student discount on public transport

    Dutch students receive a student travel card (studenten OV-chipkaart) as part of their student grant, giving them free or discounted travel on Dutch public transport. Most international students do not qualify for this card, as they do not receive a Dutch student grant, and so they have to pay full fare.

    International AUC students (particularly from EU/EEA countries) may be eligible for a Dutch student grant including the student travel card if they meet certain requirements.