ASF Scholarship Application Form: September 2023
ASF Scholarship application deadlines
Scholarships starting in:
ASF application deadline:
ASF scholarship applications for September 2023
- The deadline to apply for an ASF Scholarship for new students starting their studies at AUC in September 2023 is 1 April 2023.
Students should have already submitted an application for admission to AUC when applying for an ASF Scholarship for September 2023.
Documents and information needed
You will need:
- Your letter of motivation for the scholarship, in digital format ready to upload.
- Information on your financial situation, to prove your financial need. Documents need to be in digital format (scanned) ready to upload. This information will be kept strictly confidential.
1. Letter of motivation
The ASF Selection Committee will only see this letter of motivation and they will not see your AUC admission application, so make sure you include everything you want to say to them. This is the most important part of your scholarship application, and you must write it yourself. The Selection Committee will be looking in particular for information on:
- your academic ability (your academic merit)
- your motivation to study liberal arts and sciences at AUC
- your extracurricular accomplishments and activities relevant for AUC (individual accomplishments and/or contributions to the community)
- your (potential) leadership profile and skills
- the severity of your financial need
Maximum 2 sides of A4, written in English. Make sure it has your full name at the top. It needs to be in digital format (e.g. PDF) ready for uploading with a maximum file size of 2 MB.
2. Financial details
This information will be kept strictly confidential. Only the total amount of your family income will be revealed to the Selection Committee members, and only to them. They will not see your financial documents, these will be used strictly internally and only to verify the information you have provided.
- Calculate the total amount in your local currency of all taxable income of your parents/guardians before tax deductions. Include any non-taxable income such as benefits or pensions.
If you are not Dutch and not eligible for Dutch student finance (studiefinancering):
- If your local currency is not euro, convert the above total to euro. (You are eligible for an ASF scholarship if the annual family total is below EUR 54000.)
- You must submit proof of this income: the most recent income tax statement(s) for both parents/guardians or 3 recent salary slips indicating gross income. Include records of any other income such as benefits or pensions.
- If these documents are not in English or Dutch, provide translations of the relevant parts (it does not have to be a certified translation).
- Combine the digital versions/scans of all these documents into one file (maximum two) ready for uploading. Max 5 MB per file.
- If you are over 30, do the calculations and upload the documents for your own income.
- If you are under 30 but want us to disregard the income of one or both of your parents/guardians because you cannot obtain the above financial documents, upload an explanation and supporting evidence instead. For example, if you have a serious conflict with one or both of your parents/guardians and have no contact with them.
- Make sure your name is clearly indicated on all documents. These documents will only be used internally to verify your family income, they will not be sent to the Selection Committee.
If you are Dutch and/or will receive or are eligible for Dutch student finance (studiefinanciering):
- You need to receive or be eligible for the maximum additional grant (maximum aanvullende beurs) from DUO to be eligible for an ASF Scholarship.
- You need to submit proof of this: either the official statement from DUO or if you do not have that yet, the result of the calculation from the DUO website. (If you are awarded an ASF scholarship, you will have to provide a copy of the official statement from DUO before being able to receive the scholarship.)
- Make a digital version of the proof, e.g. a scan, ready for uploading. Max 5 MB.
- Make sure your name is clearly indicated on all documents. They will only be used internally to verify your family income, they will not be sent to the Selection Committee.