AUC Dutch language courses welcome refugees
In 2015 AUC committed itself to increasing educational opportunities for refugees who have fled their home countries and settled in the Netherlands.
The full statement on educational opportunities for refugees can be read on AUC’s website here.
AUC is extremely happy to announce that, this January, it is hosting 33 refugees in various Dutch language courses. Two courses are taught by AUC student volunteers. The language courses have been organised by AUC and a student working group called the Right2Education initiative.
AUC students, the 33 guest students and their 33 buddies organised a successful potluck lunch to kick-off the Dutch language courses on Tuesday, 5 January 2016.
This is AUC’s a first step to broader engagement with the refugee community. In order to simplify contact AUC has created a new e-mail address: email@example.com. It will be a point of inquiry and referral for all future correspondence regarding educational opportunities for refugees.
On behalf of the AUC community,
- Ramon Puras (Acting Dean)
- Sennay Ghebreab (Head of Studies Social Sciences)
- Hilla Dayan (College Council)
- Ernst van den Hemel (Humanities staff)
- Anne de Graaf (Social Sciences staff)
- Tanushree Kausal (Student Council)
- Anouk ter Linde (Student Council)
- Lisa Maza (Peer supporter, Social Sciences student)
- Michael Vermeer (Graduate Intern)
- Andrea Haefner (Right2Education initiative)
- Els van Dam (Right2Education initiative)
- Lena Reim (Right2Education initiative)
- Nini Pieters (Right2Education initiative)
- Löis Hutubessy (Right2Education initiative)
- And the student-teachers and student buddies
Updated on 13 January 2016